View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:54 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I don't have pics so let me try to explain. the gears by the hand wheel move. It rocks back and forth but not much. I took the face plate off and it appears that the gear that is up in the top (the one I can't get to) is stuck. I did check for thread (made that stupid mistake with my FW). I tried to oil that part but I can't get to it. Do you think the triflow oil is better than singer?
The gear that is mounted to the hand wheel is supposed to move. It is cushioned by a spring to keep the fiber gear from being broken.
Once the hand wheel is off the machine, does the main shaft move at all?

If it does, then you work away from it checking each and every thing that is attached to it till you find the part that is not moving.

Tri-Flow is a very good penetrating oil. Better than regular sewing machine oil. I've seen the difference with it.

Check the needle bar, will it move up and down? If free it should wiggle a wee tiny bit as you try to move it.

If you determine the top end is moving then move to the bobbin case and drive gears. It doesn't take much thread under the case to jam up one of these machines. And since the 201 uses direct gear drives, one jammed part will stop the whole thing up.

Joe

Joe