Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
mirabelle

OK little story on how I got my new car. We had planned on buying a new car in September 2009 when an investment matured BUT we were flooded in February and our old car was water damaged. DH and DS and a friend cleaned it out and checked it over mechanically and said it would last 6 months. Well in the blink of an eye it went from a reasonable car for its age to an old clunker and I didn't feel safe in it anymore considering I do a lot of highway driving. I was borrowing my DS's car when I could but found I was becoming house bound which was not making me a happy camper.

On the phone with DH one night (he was at work) I laid out a new strategy for buying a new car earlier than we had planned and he just kept saying no "stick to the original plan" . Well I burst into tears and said goodnight to him. He arrived home on the following Thursday and there was not a lot of conversation happening. Friday morning he says "lets go get a coffee" so off we went (in DS's car) and he drove straight to the car dealership and said "which one do you like"
Now there is more, 3 months later the old car died and the first words out of DH's mouth were "I think I will buy myself a utility truck" so in the blink of an eye he bought himself a new car, because I told him he couldn't take my new car fishing and get it all dirty and smelly.. hmmmmm men!!

QuiltE I absolutely love the block you made, love the colours, love the green fusion and those crisp white polka dots, PERFECT

I just have one problem and I am sure other will have the same problem !!! I can see myself wanting to make this block, I think it would make a stunning quilt with different colours in the pinwheels. SO with 13 of us making 13 different blocks that makes 169 blocks (I used the calculator) of my gosh that is a lot of temptation to start new projects I have already printed off a copy and placed it gently in my to do folder, gee my buy more folders, think I am going to need them