Old 11-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

With Rachel I asked her what her ideas were but what she wanted wasn't practical for a beginner. It involved applique. So I made some suggestions and let her look through some designs and she chose what she wanted. Then I let her chose her fabric colors and the fabric. I did hand on hand at first with her on the rotary cutter. She had a hard time pushing hard enough to cut. After a little bit tho she got the feel for it.

I only guided her but she did the work. We tried her running the machine with her guiding the fabric and using my knee control. She didn't like doing both so we ended up (her decision not mine) that I guided the fabric and she ran the knee control. She did an excellent job and caught on quick.
She is really pleased with the way it looks so far. We just have to cut and add borders and back it. I do mine like a pillowcase with out any binding so that is what I plan to have her do. I thought I would see if she wants to tie it instead of trying to quilt it down. We'll see.....

Her favorite part was using the "needles" her word for the pins!!LOL I finally got her to remember they were pins by the time she was done!

I hope to have them done on time. It wil depend on how much time we have when they are here.