View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
kathdavis

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric View Post
I live in south Mississippi but let me tell you what happened to me. I did belong to a guild about 45 miles away and drove there once a month for 6 years, then gas, well you know. I had not belonged to a guild for a while when a friend told me that there was one locally that meet the third Monday of the month at 6:00 pm. I went and joined, three months later I am vice president in charge of the programs. So far I've come up with some good programs but I have until October before the next vp takes office. Next month we are going to play quilt bingo, I can't wait.
Reginalovesfabric, I just wanted to pass on an idea our VP of programs had at our guild. At least once a year, we organize a school house quilt meeting. So instead of bringing in a speaker, we have 4-5 members do a simple demo at a table. Members can move from table to table learning something new. Since I have been quilting for only four years or so, I always learn something at the school house meeting.

We are also trying for the first time, an ice cream social meeting and during this time, members will rent a table for $10.00 to sell some of their extra stash, tools, etc. I'm anxious to see how that goes over.