Thread: Trembling Hands
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:07 AM
blueheavenfla

There are medications to help control the tremor (I have it too an have taken a variety until my doctor was able to balance things out.) I have found that pressing my elbows into my sides while I am using my hands certainly helps. I do my cutting when my medications are at a peak controlling the tremor. It is never gone completely but better. I am no longer able to write and use the computer to communicate with family and friends. My signature is terrible but more legible than my doctor's is (LOL) Good luck in working with your doctor to find the best combinations for you. You may PM me if you want more details. Donna
Originally Posted by beckalou View Post
I have a disease called Essential Tremors, the symptoms resemble Parkinsons Disease. My hands tremble uncontrollably only when I am trying to eat, cut veggies, cook, etc. When I am at rest, they are fine. I am finding it increasingly harder to cut my fabric using the rotary cutter. I am so afraid of cutting myself, and plan on purchasing a pair of Klutz Gloves to protect my hands. I know that eventually the tremors will become worse as it is a progressive disease.

My question: Is there anyone else on this board who has similar issues, and how do you get around the process of cutting your fabric. Hubby has eyesight issues, so he really can't help.