View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:48 AM
Joy Higdon

Default FMQ-For what it' worth.

For what it is worth coming from me. If any of you are thinking you would like to FMQ, please just get rid of the fear and jump in. I hovered on the brink for a long time just admiring the beautiful quilting the LAQ quilters do(I still do). I used to hold my own with hand quilting but as I got older it was just too painful. So I enrolled in a Craftsy class and behold I lost my fear. Mind you, it didn't make me a good quilter but taught me that I can enjoy the ride anyhow. I am almost finished with my Bargello(it ain't purty) probably won't post it, and it will probably just go in the closet, but it has taught me more than any class could have taught me. I learned that in the past my broken stitches, tangles, and everything imaginable was due to thread, needles, tension and a host of other things wrong, which made for anything but pleasure. I didn't know that there was such a difference in thread, needles etc. I have fallen in love with the top-stitch needles. I still have a lot of practice to do before I quilt my William Morris "Friends" quilt or my Affairs of the Heart, My Baltimores or any other applique, but Lord willing I will. So for what it is worth, JUST DO IT!!!!