Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM
carriem

Ggal--you asked about the new clubhouse plans...they are mostly in my head, but have done some furniture placement on graph paper so I can get an idea of where I want the windows and doors. We can't do much until things dry out this spring. My dad offered to help so if we have all the materials here for the structure itself, could get the framing done in a weekend. We have some metal sheeting left from a pole building we put up a couple years ago that will work for siding/roofing. I know how to run wire/put in outlets and do sheet-rock (thanks to Dad teaching me) so once the outside is done my son and I can work on finishing the inside during the week. We won't finish the upstairs right away, but it will still be a good place for storage. I am thinking I want pull-down attic stairs instead of having the stairs take up room on the main floor all the time. When the weather gets nicer we will go to a Habitat for Humanities Re-sale Store and pick out the windows and doors. Once we have those we can figure out what is needed for lumber.

The neurologist gave me a new medicine to try...worst side effect is supposed to be sleepiness...I will take it at night and maybe sleep better.

Happy Anniversary QNS and Jan (and to your husbands of course)!

Honchey--you have been very busy cutting squares. What other swaps are you working on? Have a great time visiting and safe travels.

Jan--I haven't been doing any sewing for almost 2 weeks...so not sure I should be on the list of "productive quilters" right now. Next week I hope to finish the quilt I started at my retreat. My goal is to finish at least one quilt a month (UFOs)...I was able to do that in Jan and Feb. I know when I am feeling better I should be able to get more than one done especially come May when school is pretty much done...we'll see.

OK--hope your bank appt went well and that you can reward yourself with some time in the sewing room this weekend!