Thread: The Sewing Room
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 AM
CAS49OR

While I'm bragging about my DH, he does what he can to make my life easier. He made this thread stand:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403460[/ATTACH]
And mounted a rack to store my irons so they aren't falling off the ironing board (oops -- dropped my Shark on the hardwood three times already!) when not in use:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403461[/ATTACH]

I knit too, and he invented this from plumbing parts at Jerry's. It's for knitting two socks at a time, the top spins so if I hold the thread up and spin it my next skein rotates into position. This prevents the tangled mess and constantly flip flopping skeins on the floor or table. The smaller dowels on top are for elastic spools if I need to add it to my socks. You can imagine the fun I had before trying to juggle 4 things!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403462[/ATTACH]
He made this for winding yarn. The spool has a large bolt screwed into it which sticks into the weighted base. When I want to wind yarn the whole thing pops out and into a rechargeable drill. The drill has a reversible option, and also can be run really slow, so this saves having to wind it all by hand. The top cap unscrews too so I can feel yarn from the floor, or pull it from the side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403463[/ATTACH]

I sewed this (obviously in a hurry and could have done much better) and it hangs behind the sewing room door:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403464[/ATTACH]

This is fun to share! It shows how many improvements we've made and how inspired I should be!!
Attached Thumbnails threadstand.jpg   irons.jpg   2socks.jpg   spool.jpg   needles.jpg