Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

First let me say it is a gorgeous wall hanging. I personally like the darker flange that acts as a border. I've used a flange in several quilts, always with beautiful results. I think I would use a pink, maybe the same pink as the border if you have enough fabric, for the binding. Or, since it is a wall hanging, you could add the flange, put the wall hanging right sides together, then batting, sew all around the quilt, leaving a 3-4" opening, trim the quilt, backing and batting, then turn right side out, then sew the opening closed. Press the quilt, then sew about 1/4 to 1/2" just inside the outside of the quilt, which gives the appearance of a binding and quilt the pink border. I discovered this method years ago when I was making 25 small wall hangings to be given away at a family reunion, one for each family (I have a big family), so this method worked well in finishing the quilts quickly. Hope this helps, unless of course I have confused you, which I sometimes do when explaining a method.