View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
nancia

you can 'fix' stupid, but they have to sign the medical forms. instead of being neutered they thought they were getting 'tutored! old joke, still true today. the more things change the more they stay the same!
all i hope for is humane treatment to animals. culling the deer, for instance, allows the herd to be sustainable and not starve to death. their bodies respond to droughts and poor or scant food sources by shutting down the reproductive systems. that is sooo not true of humans. the the rich get richer, and the poor get children. farm animals are a resource and rules are in place to protect them from being 'in-humanely' treated, rules which are not always upheld. a cow who is bred for milk production, usually artificially, goes from one birth to the next. it is all the life they know, and probably all they will ever know. their intelligence is low and they have no motivation to riot and get out of there. they aren't people. i will say i have met some cows who were a lot nicer than some people i know. cattle, pigs, fowl, fish are living factories. perhaps the day will come when we can produce their products by machine and the animals will live in zoos so our grandkids can see what they looked like. philly zoo has some scottish cows, and so it begins!