Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 AM
janRN

QNS, you did a beautiful job on the pineapple blocks. You & QE have set the bar high for our MBs.

Ggal, I'm going to keep you in suspense as to what I bought at the Expo--I'll just tell you the fabric will show up in my MBs. How many MBs are we making? I bought enough fabric to make about 50 or so LOL. Shop Hops are fun but my ideal shopping is tons of fabric all under one roof.

The hottest sellers at the Expo this year were the sit-down quilting machines. They had the Sweet 16 & Tiara (same machine) and one I had never seen before: TinLizzie 18 sit down machine. Yes, it has an 18" harp and you sew facing it like you do your DSM. With the Sweet16 you face the head of the machine. Not sure if there's an advantage to one or the other. Couldn't get near the TinLizzie--5-10 people deep all day and lots of orders being written up. Tried to get a price but couldn't even get that. They were selling lots of longarm set ups, too. I was amazed at the number of people waiting to sign up to buy them.

Jeanie, I checked out the Brother Dreamweaver. Beautiful machine but I thought the harp space was just average, no improvement over my Viking. I also wasn't impressed with the new Vikings. Believe me, DSMs were not the draw--everyone seemed to want the LAs and the sit downs.

We are actually having a sunny day today; weather guy said over the last 82 days we've had rain, snow, sleet, or freezing rain for 73 of them. No wonder people in the north east are cranky LOL. Tomorrow a big snow storm moving in--damn that groundhog for getting everyone excited about an early spring. I have to clean out my car today-first time all winter. It looks like the truck Fred Sanford Junkman drove. Have a great week-end!