View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Lady Diana

If you think you are going to need help with a new machine, then find a local dealer. Otherwise there are several dealers that will sell a machine and ship to you at a huge savings and no sales tax. Many times I have gotten the best price on the machine I want from other dealers in the country, then taken that pricel, less tax to my local dealer to match. He has matched everytime...that was for my Babylock sergers. I have found the best price for my Janomes were from dealers out of state.
There are several Janome yahoo groups that are wonderful for support and information on all of the machines. I own the 6600, it is a real workhorse and I would not trade it in for anything. I just bought the Janome 8900.....it is wonderful!
This is Janome's newest sewing/quilting machine with an 11" harp space and the Accufeed Flex system rather the bulky walking foot....the 6600 has the auto thread cutter and Accufeed system.....I would not purchase a Janome without the thread cutter. Depending on your price, the Janome's are a dream compared to more expensive machines. I have owned this line of machine for over 40 years and never had to take one in for repair. Depending on what you want to spend, there are lots of gently used machines out there for great prices at your dealers. If you would like to PM me, I can provide you with some pricing information and several dealers.
Diana