View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 AM
luvstoquilt

Hi MrsK....I am in Yorkville which I suspect is a bit far to meet on a regular basis but we can be internet friends if you would like. I may be to much older than you to be of interest. (I am 71 and a widow) I have grandchildren and I love to quilt. I moved here to be near my "kids" after Joe died and it has been a real experience. I recently found a wonderful group at the "Farm Bureau"..meets every Wed. and is a real quilting Bee. I have learned something every single week and I find myself looking for the next Wed. It is the nicest group of women and I was told at the first meeting "No one gossips here!" Isn't that just wonderful?

I came to Il from the NJ/NY area and never thought I would end up in the middle of a cornfield but I did and I am loving it. Lots more quilters here than I ever met in the Metro area. Only drawback is the lack of great fabrics I used to find at Estate Sales. I prefer '30's quilts so I loved finding stashes of fabrics in attics!

Have a great day and maybe we can meet at a quilt show in the middle sometime if you would like. Schaumburg is hosting a show April 4-6 at the convention center...see details on www.sevingexpo.com