Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
margecam52

I have a TL18LS (TinLizzie18). I got it in 2009 & love it. I have added a Qbot robot quilter to my Lizzie...and love that also.
The TinLizzie Company has really stepped up their customer service in the last year...and are working hard to make ownership a pleasant experience.
In the past, dealers had asked the company to have customers contact the dealer for help, but that help was not always given.
If you own a TL product, you will want to register it at the TL18 website (http://www.tinlizzie18.com), and should you need assistance that your dealer (of if you don't have a dealer) can't help with...let the folks at TL18 company know.

Most know I love my lizzie...have had no real issues that were not user error, except an issue with surging...it would have been a quick adjustment of a screw, but the TL company was not aware that I have experience with computer assembly, so could make the adjustment...so they replaced my board...and it still raced...so I told the tech that there should be an adjustment on the board...he said yes, and walked me through the process...turn the screw one hour..easy peasy.

All longarm machines are industrial sewing machines that are adjusted (no feed dogs, electronics added) to be used on a quilting frame. Each brand has it's pros and cons...try to look at as many as you can..try them if you can, and make your decision on what makes you comfortable.

I will add...customer service availability is key...without it, you will be frustrated at times...oh, and do join a Yahoo group for the machine(s) you are thinking about getting...check with the members on issues and how they are resolved...95% are usually user error/learning curve.
Marge

Originally Posted by mary123 View Post
If you have a longarm machine, what kind do you have, how long have you had it,
and about how many quilts have you quilted on it?
Thanks.