Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM
CarolynMT

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Well, I'm way behind in the retreat. The movie last night was good but a little violent. This morning we had to visit a friend, so I was not able to look for any fabric until this afternoon. I am trying something new, I have never used a jelly roll, I found a earth tones roll that I liked on sale at Joann's. I think it goes well with some fabric in my stash. This is going to be a gift for a friend and I thought neutrals would be good, the dark brown is going to be the border. Now to decide on the center, which will be the white on white and two golds, I think I might use the white for the squares also not sure yet. I should have the center done tonight and post a picture when it's done. I still think I will leave the Iron in the basement, I need the stair stepping. Every ones pictures look great, I am really fond of purple, hope mine works as well as yours.
Dede, I love the colors, also remember you can punch it up a notch with decorative stitches either as your quilting or prior to quilting. I would even be tempted to do decorative stitches with a gold thread like that dark gold you have as the fabric for the center. **just ideas here, of course it will look stunning regardless of what do Great job!

And btw, it is not a race just a friendly get together to make something pretty enjoy the process, dont worry about the finish line.