View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 PM
LenaBeena

You people are wonderful! Such great advice. I have decided to be more forceful and insistent. Not bad, just determined to find time for me. The kids are grown and gone and somehow I found time for all their activities and sewed their costumes and altered their clothes (both tall and thin) and sewed for the house,etc. So now I SHOULD have more time for me. Seems DH has gotten more "needy" since he retired. The other day he called from his recliner in the living room to me in the kitchen "I'm very thirsty." A friend visiting said to him "Have you forgotten where the refrigerator is?" We laughed but DH didn't. The friend later said his wife would not have brought him a drink. My children and their spouses do not wait on DH when we visit and tell me I should not either. Best advice is from a friend whose husband is a model railroader. When he can spend hours and hours on his hobby, she spends time on hers. Wish me luck with getting help vacuuming, trash, cleaning, etc. Yep...more forceful from now on! (I may need boosts from you sometimes, okay?)