View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

what kind of info are you asking about?
mine are 50" long, i actually started with making a muslin pillow case the size i thought i wanted- to get the width & length right....when i had that figured out I (de-constructed) one side of the pillowcase- stitched the top opening closed (leaving a long side open)
then (this is probably a bit...much...but we love the pillows) I started with warm & natural, the correct length *about 2" shorter than the pillow cover* twice the width, doubled--layed those 2 pieces out on top of each other, folded in half & stitched the 2 short ends. then i used shredded memory foam (bought in 5 lb pre-packaged bags at joannes a couple years ago- same place they keep the poly-fiberfill for stuffing toys) and stuffed the warm & natural *pouch*
i whip stitched this pouch closed along the long open edge- just enough to hold it together- then i *stuffed* this pouch into the muslin pouch---with the whip stitched edge toward the back (secure) side. then i closed that long side...then i made a set of pillow cases out of fleece and stuffed the works into them- with a velcro closure about 30" long on one side- so i can remove the inner pillow & wash the case if needed....writing it all down it does seem like there are probably easier ways- i just *made it up as i went along the day i decided that's what i wanted to do with the bag of memory foam*