Old 03-23-2013, 03:05 PM
cannyquilter

I have my top finished, will try to get a picture posted tomorrow, it is 11pm here and I don't have the energy to work out how to resize the picture to get it to show so that will wait until tomorrow.

I used a 6 pack of fat quarters my sister bought me for Christmas and I just cut two of them twice so I had a run of 8 on each side, I like how it turned out.

Carolyn thanks so much for organising this VQR and for posting such clear instructions, I have been wanting to make a french braid quilt for a while now but felt somewhat daunted by it now I think I can give it a go.

Emma, I am very excited as my daughter is coming round tomorrow for her first ever sewing class. My grandaughter age 8 loves to sew with me and has made several things for her mum. A few weeks ago my daughter said she would like to sew with us and would I teach her. Not sure how far she will get with me as a teacher but I hope she enjoys it and becomes a quilter like her mum.

Am going to pick out a backing tomorrow, already have the binding, don't think I will get it finished because of sewing with daughter and grandaughter but can finish it off on Monday.

There are so many lovely variations of this runner, I am in awe of seasaw2much a reversable runner!!! WOW