View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:03 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Miriam, thanks a bunch. Here is where I am. I think I cleaned it - it didn't seem all that dirty. I oiled everything in the manual and lubed what the manual said to lube. The stitched are very nice. I used the hair dryer on the needle thingy and the dials. Now, the needle will zig to the left but even with the red lever all the way to the right, the needle won't move past center, even if I do it manually. the right set of the dial lever now works but not the left. Am I making progress? Do I need to take the dials off? And the cams? I didn't want to get into a huge rehab but now I am hoping I can straighten it out. I also found your old post with the service manual, but, I don't think I can attempt some of that on my own, at least not yet.
The zz slant machines have a pin the needle bar rides on - that will need lots of attention - the other pin it works off of is below the camstack and to the left - if you push on the needle you can see it. Those get caked up and the machine doesn't zig and zag.
Am I making progress? yes Do I need to take the dials off? NO And the cams? What about the cams?