View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM
rachelwilla

Default Singer 301 flywheel- help needed

I got a Singer 301 and I didn't completely know what to look for apparently. I am used to a different type of machine. I brought it to a shop to have it fixed and make sure it was in working condition. The owner said that he fixed everything that needed to be fixed and that it was ready to go, but in watching You Tube video instructions on how to wind a bobbin I see that the inner silver part of the fly wheel on my machine is completely stuck. The outer part of the flywheel moves and the needle moves up and down but not the inner wheel. It won't move at all and I am supposed to be able to move it forward to disengage the flywheel.

How do I fix this? Is it going to be difficult to do on my own? I waited a while and now I am not sure if the shop owner who supposedly completely overhauled the machine will agree to take it back and do what he should have done to begin with. Frankly I don't want to deal with that or to go to someone else. I'd rather learn how to do it myself. Thanks so much!