Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

No postings for a few days ladies!! where are we all?? Well - Cindy is having fun sewing away from home sewNso is almost done, katybob is right on schedule... and I finally completed J-10! YAY took over a week [this will not work if my goal is to hang it at our show September 21 unless it is of 2015!]

I did only work on J-10 during the evening - but for 2-3 hrs per night almost every night for a week - a lot of reverse sewing in the middle section If I had it to do over - I would still cut the individual pieces - melons and triangles - for the inner section, but I would layer the triangle seamlines directly over the melon seamlines, baste the layers together on the seamlines and back-baste to applique... this is where you carefully pull the basting thread out away from you as you applique to keep everything in line.

here are some [ATTACH=CONFIG]403980[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403981[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403982[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403985[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]403988[/ATTACH]
pics...

wow - it's really not as messy as it looks at the center point!

whew - can finally move on!
Gus
Attached Thumbnails dj-j10b.jpg   dj-j10c.jpg   dj-j10d.jpg   dj-j10e.jpg   dj-j10f.jpg