View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Barnbum's Sunrise over the Pines

I was thrilled when barnbum asked me to quilt her "Sunrise over the pines". She posted it here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...y-t214185.html

This quilt is nothing short of spectacular. Karla's sense of color and value are beyond compare. I don't think the pictures do this quilt justice. It is all batiks, except for the cabin door and chimney. She graduated the background fabrics going from light to dark and totally captured the sun filtering through the trees. I loved working on this and I sure hope she likes what I did. I did pebbling behind all the trees and changed thread colors as the the fabric got darker. I started with a connecting threads cotton called rosewood, then I went to a King Tut varigated brown, finally I used another CT thread in a very dark brown. The sunrise is done in Isacord in a bright golden yellow, Glide thread in a bright orange and red and the blue is another CT I think the color was blue moon. I used two layers of W&N. I love how the back looks because I matched the bobbin to the top so you can see the change of colors on the back which was a moda marble in brown.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404040[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404042[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404045[/ATTACH]

The back:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404048[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404049[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc04014.jpg   dsc04002.jpg   dsc04000.jpg   dsc04007.jpg   dsc04008.jpg