View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
SandyinZ4

Here is a quick picture of what I sent to Foxflower. These are just the two main items. I sent along some other goodies, too. I have been wanting to make pin cushions from the tiny mason jars. Have not been able to find the tiny 1/4 pint ones but did find the 1/2 pint ones. So I made two of these and sent one to her. Just used a scrap of circle fabric, cut a cardboard circle a bit smaller than the sealing lid part, did a running stitch with heavy thread around the outside edge, stuff in some fiberfill and put the cardboard in and pulled and then stitched shut on bottom. Used some 9001 glue to glue it to the sealer lid part. You can still take the lid off and on as the ring keeps it tight and having it tight when I first glued help it to stay together until it dried. The napkins are just circles cut in half and then sewn with another fabric for backing. Sew right sides together and then reverse and stitch shut. Fold back and forth to make them look like a Christmas tree. Lots of possibilities for decorating with these but remember, you want to be able to wipe you mouth with them so no itchy or hard stuff like buttons. Soft ric-rac would be ok. So much for Lesson 101. :-)
Attached Thumbnails scrap-swap-large-.jpg