Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
PJisChaos

I did find some neat stuff while going through the 3 boxes I got with this machine, and ran across a flyer for a KenQuilt setup that had a note attached to it saying "This is what I want my setup to look like. Thanks!". Along with 11 pantographs, 40 spools of thread(some 3000 yds, most are much larger and all cotton quilting thread), 12 bobbins and about 8 needles. I did buy more yesterday though, no telling how "used" or new those were. Hubby did a complete re-wire while I was out needle hunting and I tested it when I got home... OMG!! This thing is loud and so dadgum fast! Kids all said it sounded like I was mowing in there, not sewing. LoL! I know the thread is old but it will work just fine for practicing to get the rhythm and skill built, I am thinking. The first several quilts are gonna be just scrappy things thrown together for the dog and the cars.
It is identical to the KenQuilt system so now I just need to know... How in the heck do I load it to start practicing on it? Any ideas, or links, tips/tricks? Anything to help a total newbie out guys?? Also, handles are only on the back of the machine so is free-motion possible or just pantos? Thanks again for any help ya offer, I do so appreciate it!!