View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:09 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I've seen nick marks all around one or two - chisel marks on one - makes me think someone took a hammer to it - chisel on the other... Brute force is usually NOT the answer with a sewing machine, yet that seems to be the go to for guys. I'm not as big and strong as Joe - the leather strap doesn't do it for me. I have a jar grip thing that some times helps. Some times it takes oil going into the screw cracks - it can take a long time to penetrate. I stand the machine on the wheel and then put some T-F down into the threads. Remember that knob is an inny not an outie... Maybe give the wheel a turn maybe if you are lucky some oil will penetrate. Then you might turn the machine the other direction and let oil flow a different direction. Some times heat helps some times not. It is likely someone put the little middle thingy in wrong and then did like Joe said and really tightened it up. Then some times I get my brute strength DH to come and try to get it off. Penetrating oil, patience, penetrating oil, patience, heat? brute strength when necessary. No hammers please.

I've also gotten the knob off after all that and the wheel won't pull off - if you get that far oil it some more and patience.

Last edited by miriam; 03-25-2013 at 03:12 AM.