View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 AM
mpspeedy2

I have been quilting for at least 40 years. I like this board because it allows me to have contact with other quilters without the gossip and politics I didn't like with the two guilds I belonged to. Since the quilters on this board are basically faceless I can interact without worrying about personality conflicts etc. There is no voting for officers or begging for raffle ticket sales etc. The original guild I have belonged to for more than 25 years has gotten carried away with the price of dues and the requirements for selling or purchasing raffle tickets. The last straw for me this year was when they gave us a number when we arrived at the Christmas party and basically made it a mixer. I had to sit at a table with 7 woman I knew nothing about and wasn't even sure if they were members. I liked the personalities and the less intense air at the other guild I also belonged to for almost twenty years. They are almost an hour drive for me in rush hour traffic in the Baltimore metro area. I am 62 and have some permanent health issues so that drive is something I am getting unable to face.
I can visit this board 24/7 and get my quilt fix.