View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I find all free Kindle books here: http://www.pixelofink.com/ New ones are listed twice a day. Many are free for only one day and back to regular price the next. If you have Amazon Prime, you can borrow books from Amazon library, keep as long as you like but only one book at a time. I'm not a fan of Overdrive. Very few of the newer books are listed to lend.
re: books from Overdrive/library. I have been told by the local librarian that many of the newer books are not available due to the publisher not wanting to release them for e-reading...I guess the profit is not as great as a "real" book.......Most of the books that are free on Amazon are first time or relatively new authors who want to get their work/names out there....some are good some are really yawners!!!!!!I refuse to buy electronic books...just does not compute in my brain......I can always request a real copy of what I want from the library...does not have to be electronic. Have done all my life so far and it has worked so why fix it if it is not broken....jmho