View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Sierra

We went searching for camp pads (our sienna is our grandchildren carrier and our camper). The backpack ones just weren't enough for our aging bodies! One store told us they didn't have what we wanted, but to go to a certain upholstery store and they would have what we wanted. We laid down on these recommended pads (they were referred tio as "memory foam", aghast at their cost ($100 each!). But they were surprisingly comfortable, and we need that comfort and these pads fit into our car perfectly and they feel sooo good. I had to put covers on them (used fabrics I thought were really ugly and that were a bit heavier). The expense was great, but when we have the family here for special occasions, or just grandkids visiting, these pads are great extra beds! So in the long run they were a very good purchase. Sorry, I don't remember the technical name (maybe "memory foam" is the only name???)! But the store personel and the price can steer you into the right direction.

[Have to add, we live in snow country and all but one of our kids and families live south, so they are always eager to come here for Christmas so the kids can play in the snow. Our max has been 12 of us in our one bedroom apartment! They all used to camp with us when they were kids and they filter into their spaces, and the adults get the sofa bed, the other couch and the pads! The kids bring their quilts and we use other, old store bought quilts for their padding.]

Last edited by Sierra; 03-25-2013 at 07:44 AM.