View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Fortyniner

(Thank you Pat, just reviewed perfect piecing on Amazon good price and good reviews. I will be buying this book.

Fortyniner, sorry you had troubles with triangles fitting. Did you finish the Quilt and if so are you pleased with it? I am afraid to trim anything for fear of having trouble down the road. Thank you for the link.

bunniequilter... what do you mean by shadowing?)

BDawn, thanks for asking. I haven't finished the top, but at least my triangles fit. I found the Perfect Piecing book on line a few days ago and have it on order, too. I have a book from Better Homes and Gardens called the Complete Guide to Quilting that has helped a lot. I have learned so much from this Board, though. I read it every day. I love being able to search the archived conversations, too.
This is a beautiful quilt pattern. I have to put it on my ever-growing bucket list. Good luck with it. I hope you post it when you finish.
I finally found a product that helps with matching seams too, if you have that problem. Have you tried Fons and Porters glue stick? It goes on purple, fits nicely in the seam allowance and dries quickly, so I can sew almost immediately- no ironing first. And it doesn't seem to gum up on the iron.