View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM
ArchaicArcane

OK,.. sorry, I was out tonight at Sewing Circle. I also have to go and remove virii from some computers tomorrow, so I won't really be around until tomorrow night.

In the meantime, I have 2 observations / questions.

My gut thinks there's something "wrong" with the stitch selector being in between A and B. If you look at the front cam follower, it will be fully recessed into one of the slots when it's on, say M. If you have it in between M and L, it would have to be sticking out of the slot to be able to move. If this is the position it's in, something's jammed, possibly beyond old oil jammed. I will try tomorrow to get a good pic of that area with the follower in both positions, and would really like to compare to yours.

If you take a good look at the little metal "bar" that indicates that A or B, etc, does it look bent at all? Does it have basically the same contours as the other side? Does anything in there look like it's been "convinced" to read something other than A or B, if the follower is fully seated?

DH says PB blaster is mostly kerosene. He thinks ours came from an automotive store. Personally, I haven't had to use solvents like this on the stitch selectors, but I've heard of it happening. I've been really successful with just the triflow.

DH also says the best "unsticky" stuff is "Kano Croil", it's hard to find, but it's what Ford recommends to un-stick stuck (galled in) spark plugs in their V10 motors. I do however have no idea what the contents of it are, they may be deadly to paint and small kittens.

I was thinking if miriam and I were both there, we'd be able to help you out so much easier, once we got past elbowing each other out of the way that is