Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM
clsurz

Originally Posted by blahel View Post
This is a great thread! Yesterday I tried out a HQ Sweet 16 sit down machine and boy did I enjoy myself and now I have a dilemma I want one but it is so expensive!!
I've started thinking about getting the Sweet 16 and looking to get it lower than $5000. I have cash to buy it but also want a better deal so may end up going to a quilt festival somewhere HQ might be to see it and try to negotiate the price down.

An authorized dealer has been emailing me to come to there store and check it out but I'd have to travel about 3 hours one way to see it and I seriously doubt they would lower the price even if I walked in with hundred dollar bills to pay them in cash.

Last year I was interested in Baby Lock Evolution Serger, 8 threader, and the local authorized dealer about an hour from me wanted over $4200 for it. I knew by what I had read online I could get a better deal so I went to Padauch Quilt show and ended up getting the Evolution and the Embellisher for about $2400 CASH money and free shipping which with both retailed for around $45-4600.

I simply kept negotiating with one of the reps until she came back with a price I could live with. It took three rounds back and forth with her boss but they finally let me have it at pretty much the price I wanted it. Obviously CASH TALKS and one often walks away with what we want.

So I am going to shop some more regarding the Sweet Sixteen.