Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 AM
callen

I do not own a Brother but I was looking for one & called a Brother dealer who sold them for years. He no longer sells them as they have changed production countries. Apparently they are now made in China & he will now, not deal with them. I am NOT knocking Brother machines as I do not have one BUT I do have a Bernina, which I absolutely love. Unfortunately, they are very pricey but with all the problems we are having with items made in China I would be VERY careful before choosing one.
As I read on here the other day, Rowenta irons used to be a quality product but lately several incidents have happened where they have caught fire amount many other problems. One member mentioned they are now being mfg. in China. Buyer beware !!! We spend good money on whatever item it is that we want & of course, want the best & SAFEST products available & I don't believe that is true of many items made in China. Labour there is cheap but what price do you put on safety & quality.
Maybe, try looking at a machine that has been traded in - you can get some very good machines at a reduced price.
Perhaps, you could afford something a little better if you do some very careful checking. Good luck with your choice.