Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 AM
NanaLinda

Hi I have sewn since I was nine and I'm now retired. I had always been a Singer person using the old and great Singer sewing machines of which I have 9 of them and love them all. But when I decided I wanted to do embroidery and fancy stitching I went and researched on the computer the reviews from Brothers, Viking, Singer, and Simplicity.
Simplicity is made by Brother, Viking was out of my price range, Singer was considered the worst machines, so I went to a local shop to try out the Brother and Simplicity machines. I then called the Brother company as I had made up my mind to purchase the 6800 Brother. It was the Brother representative that told me that the 6800 was the exact machine as the SE400. I asked alot of questions did the reviews again and my husband purchased the SE400 for me for Christmas. I have made two quilts, and made several table runners, as well as name tags for the grand children. I have embroidered the edges of two dresses, and the table runners. I have it hooked to my computer so I can download embroidery designs directly to the computer use them on the sewing machine. I am thrilled with this machine and will purchase another Brother machine should anything happen to this one. IT is a great value for the money. I have added hoops, and had a ball purchasing thread of many colors to use in the embroidery designs. Brother support is wonderful also should you have any problems with the machine. I will also add we purchase this machine through Walmart online home delivery because they offer an extended warranty for 2 years for $40. which is an in home fix or replacement. The total cost of the machine and warranty was $369.00 at Christmastime. I highly recommend this machine.

Last edited by NanaLinda; 03-26-2013 at 03:49 AM.