View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
JustAbitCrazy

Originally Posted by barny View Post
This is so sad. I get so tired of grocery people laying my change on the receipt and handing all of it to me. They can't count change either. You have to watch your change, and count it right there. I had a Sonic guy make wrong change to me not long ago. Everyone needs to stay on the soapbox!
There's a place for the calculator, but it shouldn't mean your brain is in sleep mode while using it! You still need to be awake and use common sense. About a year ago, I had a checkout person actually count out in my hand change which totaled more then the single bill I gave to pay for my item! Then looked at me dumbfounded when I said "This can't be right." So I had to say, "Do you realize you gave me back in change more than I gave you to pay for that?" Obviously an incorrect number was entered into the cash register, but the employee mindlessly gave me what the register said to give me in change. Brain, off. Common sense, off. Did you ever hand them the change beyond the dollar value you owe, just after they punched the dollar amount into the register? (Example: You owe $18.02, hand them a $20 bill, then get the 2 cents out of your change compartment, and they've already punched $20.00 into the register.) Lol! Many are completely lost! and have no idea what to give you in change! Do it sometime on purpose, just for the laugh! The same danger exists when using a Garmin, or anything else similar. We have to stay alert!

Last edited by JustAbitCrazy; 03-26-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: need to add...