View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
artsymatilda

Default Hello --- sorry I am late to your Necchi Lydia party

I just opened my mom's sewing machine (she passed away in the 90's and I am just now getting the nerve to open it) and lo and behold it is a Necchi Lydia 544, complete with all the parts and the manual! If you are still in search of the manual, I would be glad to get a copy to you. It looks like a wonderfully solid machine. Can't wait to play a bit with it! I'm a weaver and sewing handwoven fabrics is tricky unless the machine is sturdy! I'm so delighted to find my new little gem!

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
I purchased a Necchi Lydia 544 at GW on Tuesday. The price was $29.99 but with I had a 10% off coupon and it was senior citizens 10% off day so she cost me $24.00. She does not have the cover, or any other attachments. But she came with the foot controller and I was able to plug her in to test the motor. She runs.

I had to think long and hard about adding another girl to the hoard/herd but I could not leave her there to an unknown fate. I will have to find a manual because this sewing machine is not intuitive. I don't think I would have ever figured out how to thread her without finding a Youtube video. She is one grimy, dirty girl and will be today's cleaning project. I am fascinated by this sewing machine because she is so different in every way from any of my other sewing machines. I will be posting pictures of her later today.