View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Nancylou

Default Should I buy a used Pfaff creative 1469?

I'll try to make this short so I can get to my question. About 3 weeks ago I was working on a quilt and had a problem winding my bobbin. Machine needed a tune-up anyway so took it in for the repair. Picked it up a week later, took it home and still had the same problem. This time when I took it back the owner loaned me a used machine he had for sale, since I needed my project quilted in a few days. He said it would be 2 weeks before the machine would be done and I would have that time to see if I liked the loaner. It has a lot of features that machine does not have....100 stitches,etc. Everything seems to work well. I did free motion quilting and it was great. I'm just concerned about buying a machine that is about 20 years old already. He is asking $250 with a 6 month warranty, about 10 different feet and one free lesson. I would mainly be using it as a back up and the special stitches. Do you think this is a good deal? It would be so nice to use all those stitches and have a back-up machine.