View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
Hi Caroline

My serial number is 13302814... it dates to 1895. I think you might have done what I did (at first) and looked at the list back at the millions (eg) 1,000,000 numbers when our serial number are actually in the ten millions (yours: 14,816,344) which would mean your machine dates to 1897 - almost exactly the same time as mine Does it have the same decals and everything? - that's really cool. How does yours run/sew? I have got mine going now but I think the treadle irons & pitman are stiff - I've got no experience on how to free them up nicely so I'll be trawling the internet today for tips!
You are correct that is what I did. Mine dates to 1897. I just went back and double checked. Yes, my machines, I have three, and have the same decals. One, #11646308, was someone's botched refurbish project that my son bought me. It is doorstop until I decide what is to be done with it. The other two are currently sitting up here in my loft and I work on them occasionally. Have you oiled your treadle irons and pitman arm? The treadling should not be stiff.