Old 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I found this wonderful Enlarging/Reducing Scale for Patterns and wanted to share.

http://www.thequiltedsnail.com/scale.html

This works great when reducing the 12" blocks down to the 6" (or any size you want). I am almost finished with my 6" Honey Bee block that matches the one I made for QNS.

Sorry to hear about Bram's setback Anael, hope he is feeling better.

Dublb - your old Singer reminds me of the one I have. It is a Singer 503A. I bought it new in 1962! I used only that machine until four years ago when I began quilting again. I got my little Brother, then two years later got my Baby Lock, which has a much wider throat so I have more room for quilting.

I am still "looking" at my PC quilt. Mine is smaller than most of yours, as it has five blocks across and seven down. Once I get this sewn together, then I will pull the rest of the PC blocks (those without the horses in them) and get started on that one. I have a number of UFO's I'm also working on.
I bookmarked the chart!!! That'll help alot! T!hanks
That machine is the 401A that I got ta workin' last month. If ya look there is a 500A sittin' under the cabinet that the embroidery machine is sittin' on. In that cabinet is DH's DGM's Singer 128-15. It is missin a motor. I have got ta git another motor for it. I love sewin' on it. I sold a Singer 66 at my last retreat 'cause it is very heavy & I didn't want ta carry it anywhere again. I didn't even want ta pick it up from the floor ta sew w/it. I also have a Brother that is a 15 clone. It is blue! I have a childs singer that is the same color as the 401A. I have a Kenmore that is 158. I love ta FMQ on it. I think it was made in the early 60's. Then I have 2 modern Singers (Less than 8 years old, both bought new.) I have a Brother that my cousin gave me I think it is about 15 yrs old. Finally 3 cheap Brothers that I have bought in the last 3 years. I have given away several machines in the last few years. My sewin' machine guy knows me by my voice on the phone.

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Grocery shopping all finished, just have to pack everything away and where am I, on the computer saying hi

Dublb what cute kitties, reminds me of when DH and I used to breed Persians. Such a long time ago

Carriem I have finished April's MB I am working on another one for ?????? just getting a head start. When I see a pattern I like and it fits the guidelines I will make it.

QNS you have made great progress on your PC, well done. I love the Honey Bee block so cute.

JeanieG I have some of that pink fabric you used in the Honey Bee block, so funny that we could have the same fabric.

QuiltE DH is home on holidays for 3 weeks, he has so much leave to take he could stay home for 6 months (heaven forbid) 3 weeks is long enough for him

Anael praying that Bram continues to get stronger. I love your quilt..

Now groceries to put away and then I have to take a pic of the butterflies...
I'm lookin' forward ta seein' the butterfly quilt! Just 1 cat. a lotta picts. He is fixed so we wont git anymore o' him. Do ya'll see his 'Hitler mustache? Ain't it cute. LOL
Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
That's a Honey of a block to go with a of a quilt. Sounds like everyone's getting their blocks. Mine should reach ____ tomorrow if the Postman gets it right! QNS Even in the smallish picture one can see the 3D look of the sashing. It's so fun to watch how the settings unfold. Each so different and unique.
Janie what a cute little cowboy--sew cute in the blue and red setting!
Gotta go--Nicole wants to play a board game. Gnight
Enjoy your game w/Nicole.