Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 AM
indymta

Originally Posted by omaluvs2quilt View Post
I just go into my discovercard.com and click on "manage account" and "secure on-line purchases". It will ask you to enter your log-in info and then takes you to a small screen that says "generate secure account #". Each time you do this you can create another "secure" account number that is tied to your account, but the number itself can only be used one time or with one vendor. I have generated separate account numbers for any recurring payments as well as for certain vendors I frequently do business with. I keep a log, so if my account is hacked I know where it came from. I was recently hacked thru I-tunes, so trust me I know. Discover was amazing, I had a new card in the mail the next day and all was well. That's when I decided to get separate account #s for things just like this. If you are hacked, you don't need to get a new account # because only the account listed (which is not your actual #) can be de-activated and your account remains intact.
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread. Thank you so much for this information. My Discover card was also hacked thru I Tunes. Again thank you so much!