View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Scraplady

Originally Posted by Katia View Post
What a great space !!! I really would never leave. Do you have any idea of the room size? I have a fairly large sewing room, but it still seems small at times. I have to keep things picked up or it feels like the walls are closing in.

Tomorrow we are getting a nice corner desk so I can set up the sewing machine and the serger. It is going to take some work and rearranging to get the big desk I have now out and the new one in. It will be a good opportunity to do some reorganizing and all that fun stuff.
The main work room is 11' 7" X 14' 5", with a closet about 5' square. That alone is a huge space to me, but the "bonus" room really is a bonus. (It is even larger but there are only a couple of feet before the sloped ceiling which goes almost to the floor.) All I truly need for sewing is in the one big room. If you don't have floor space, go vertical, is my motto, which is the reason for the floor to ceiling fabric shelves, and a couple of shelves about 18" from the ceiling that weren't even showing in the photos. I wouldn't do every wall this way or it makes the room feel like it's caving in on you. I bought an inexpensive folding stool that is stowed behind the door so can reach everything I need.