Old 11-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Cathy M
I personally think that sex starved spinster home ec teachers make those patterns up to keep us as confused as they are. Uh, if there are any home ec teachers on this board, I am not giving you my home address hahaha.
Some patterns I've read actually make me wonder if recovering crack addicts have written them.
Seriously, a lot of them are written either with too many insane steps to make the pattern 'longer'. Or like the one you are dealing with- skipping to the middle of the page with the assumption you can connect the dots. If we could connect the dots, we wouldn't need the pattern.
Maybe the pattern testers are too 'like minded' to the creator of the pattern and don't see any problems.
ROFL!!! Too funny!

<sigh> I wish I could say I have no clue what you ladies are speaking of but I have to admit I'm with you all! Patterns for sewing clothing is like reading Greek for me. I don't read Greek so that should let you know where I stand. When I read a pattern, I get the distinct impression the person who wrote and designed it did so thinking that only experienced sewers would ever attempt the pattern. I'm considering taking a beginning sewing class with my daughter (anything to get her into sewing and closer to a quilting addiction!) so maybe there is still some hope for me.