Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 AM
PuffinGin

Originally Posted by TX_Cutie
Am I the only one who has these problems? It's as though the pattern is skipping steps (or not explaining the whys and hows). For example - the pin cushion pattern's last step involves inserting a can. What can? Who said I needed a can? A full can - an empty can - a soda can - a soup can - a paint can - WHAT CAN?? :oops:

These patterns always end up making me feel foolish - especially the ones specifically labeled as "for beginners" or "for dummies". If I can't follow them, what does that make me? :cry: ....
I know what you're saying. Supposedly simplifying things often just makes them hard to understand. That's a sign of a poor pattern writer, IMHO.

I agree that it's likely a tuna can. Or it could be a bean dip can. Might not matter if you don't empty it as long as you don't open it. However, if you do open it, you probably should empty and then wash it thoroughly before inserting it into your pincushion. If you use an unopened bean dip can (the one with a pull tab to open) and if can can be easily removed from the pincushion, I'd suggest keeping a bag of tortilla chips handy in case you get a sudden snack attack while you're sewing. :lol:

Apologies for being silly!