View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Tiffany

Don't forget batting. You can buy it by the yard at Joanns. I love the Warm and Natural for wallhangings, table runners, and for quilts that need a summer weight. If you want a bed quilt or lap quilt that is super warm, I'd recommend trying a different batting. Otherwise, this is a great deal with a coupon!

Use your coupon to buy rotary cutter replacement blades! Those little things are darn expensive but if you can get them on sale or with a coupon it really helps! It's good to always have extras, and keep one of the old packages so you have somewhere to put your used blades when you are done with them. Safety first. :wink:

If you can, have Joann's send you their coupons in your email box. I've discovered that I can print them off numerous times and use them, as long as I didn't try to use more than one at the same time. I've used two in one day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. (After I realized I needed more fabric :roll: )

You might also consider some of the quilting books they carry. They've got some pretty good books for techniques as well as ones that are just patterns.