View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
PJisChaos

Thanks SteveH, I had read that a bunch but beings mine doesn't have any cutter, let alone the vertical one mentioned, I have no idea where it would go or how it would work. Was just thinking "that sure sounds like an early serger" after reading about it. Just wondered out loud I guess, if that is what this machine was meant/designed for.

Candace, I don't know anything about the timing but I do know that if I use her 50wt thread in the top and any thread in the bobbin, along with the original Organ 16x231, size 16 needles, this thing runs like a charm and sews a beautiful stitch if I can keep my movements in time to its speed. It does not sew well slow, I can confirm that. ;-) The more ya press down on the thumb lever above the back handle, the better it sews. I have 70wt thread I am dying to use(it's all new) but I can't get the tension right or mayhaps this beast just doesn't like it, idk which. I can use the 70wt, 50wt, or even all-purpose 2 for $1 Wally World thread in the bobbin though and it will work just fine. So long as I use the size 16 needle and her 50wt on top.

Anyhow, thanks for trying to help. I do appreciate it.