View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Mizkaki

Joyce,

The German machines' serial number starts with a C. The "C" records were 'lost'. So in dating a German machine it is not possible to be exact like it is with the Elizabethport, NJ ones.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Joyce29 View Post
Thank you for so much information Rain. Do you know of any look-ups for the Serial Numbers on these German 206's? You're right about being heavy! It's definitely cast iron. Luckily, I don't have to tip it back to change the bobbin. I don't guess it shows in the photo but the cabinet has a unique pivoting cover on a round hole that I can reach in under the machine to change remove and replace the bobbin.

I have so much to learn. I have no idea what some of the accessories are for. Since this is my first vintage machine I'm just sitting back and admiring right now. I want to clean it up but I want to make sure I do it correctly so I don't damage anything. Everything seems to turn freely but it has been well used. If you know of any good sources of information for me, please pass it on - especially anything specific to the 206. I just subscribed to your blog so I'm sure I will learn a lot there.

Joyce