View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by Joan
Joan ... my "To Do List" got sooo big I had to create a book. I need to be organized in all the things I do or else I am lost![/quote]

What a good idea,Andrea. I think you are absolutely correct. It is time to get organized. I certainly have enough ideas for a book!!!! :lol: [/quote]

Its certainly has saved me!

I have another larger Blueline coiled hardcover book for my classes. I made a quilt in the Fall with an Autumn theme and it had 26 different fabrics in it!!! I needed to figure out how to keep myself organized before my students! So, I started the book with the name of the quilt I will teach first for the Autumn 2007 season. I attach a swatch of all my fabrics on 2-3 pages. I added the photos below. I will then write in the notes for cutting instructions and other assembly notes I should know to pass along to my students. I also add an area to set up how much fabric requirements for each fabric of the quilt so I can set up my fabric requirements list for my students easier. This other book has been a God Send for me! I took a long strip of fabric and tied to the top coil to use as a book mark to put between my projects. I think I am going to add tabs to each quilt project for easier viewing and finding. I am also attaching a photo of the final quilt top I taught last Fall.

Cheers
Andrea

one of my swatch pages
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57372[/ATTACH]

The final results and a close up shot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57374[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-57372.pdf (431.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: doc
Attachment-57374.doc (2.52 MB, 47 views)