View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM
PJisChaos

Yeah, I know it wasn't helping any when I first started having issues when using it. So I re-shelved it and have just been using her 40wt threads. It just frustrates me that the only needle that works is a size 16, I don't like the big holes it leaves. Especially when the older thread breaks and I fail to realize it before making several inches of what I thought was stitching! On my dsm's, I only use a size 16 for denim and never any bigger than a 12 for quilting.
Would the smaller diameter of the size 12 be that big of a difference to suggest a timing issue? Or is it the smaller scarf that indicates a timing issue? I don't get it but am willing to learn it. Both needles are exact same specs minus the different sizes, maybe it is just finicky because it's an industrial, lol!! Ya know, "all brawn, no brains".

I just noticed ya updated your earlier post, I was wrong on the thread weights. Hers is all 40wt, mine are all 50wt. Well, the cottons are, I don't know about the serger stuff. I mainly use that for general fixes or utility quilts. I tried Gutterman once, didn't like the results, after a few washes the threads started breaking. The 50wt works great in the bobbins with her 40wt on top. I just can't get the tension right on top to use it there. 50wt is finer, right? So less tension than the 40wt?