View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:35 AM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Your bobbins are made with holes on one side for a reason. The reason is so that you can easily tell which way to put
the bobbin in the case and always repeat it. Always wind them with the holes facing then same way (right or left). then place them in the bobbin case the same way (holes facing out or in).

There is no alternative for the DBX1 needle. It is one of the most common and cheapest industrial needles available. In fact it frequently is an alternative for other needles.

Is the eye of the needle that is not working well large enough for the thread? Has the scarf always been facing to the right and it is threaded left to right. An idea is to try a top stitch (large eye) household needle in a size 12 or 14. The DBX1 and the 15X1 are the same except that the 15X1 has a flat on it's shank. It will substitute for the 15X1, but not the other way around.

I hope that this info helps in some way and isn't too confusing.

Cathy

I do not have much experience in free motion sewing.
I have been winding bobbins with the holes out and putting them in the case with the holes out, seems to be working that way. I know that is how the bobbin originally came out when I first "un-loaded" this machine to learn how to load it.

Needle, same way, scarf on inside(facing the back of the machine where I stand to quilt with it). Yes, it threads left to right and the thread 50wt thread does glide through the size 12 needle without having to tug or force it. Least when I use my dsm's with that thread or even the 40wt and a size 12 needle, I have no issues.
Both needles are round, no flat side. I spent 3 hrs last Saturday, going to every place that sold anything to do with sewing looking for DBx1 replacements(new ones in the same specs). They must not be so common here in Oklahoma City as I was unable to find any! 2 Michael's, Hancocks, 3 Wal-Marts, 2 LQS shops and finally the Babylock dealer, nothing til that last one. That is why I mentioned the bobbins, these need replaced and I fear they will be just as hard to find as the needles that aren't working. I wish I knew where to find them locally, in case I needed one in a hurry, but will probably have to stick to taking my chances and ordering online, hoping what they send fits.

Oh, just nevermind. I have been trying to get answers and help for a week now and I see that my questions are not "help-able". Is ok, I appreciate those that tried. But I am just gonna keep it the way it is and keep stitching the way it is. Simple solution and don't need any help for that as I have figured that out by myself already.

Last edited by PJisChaos; 03-28-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Forget it!