Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
jlhmnj

Steve-
The reproduction slide plates I've ordered are expensive and fit poorly. The Singer 66/99 plate is terrible and I had to peen the edge so it would fit and even then it's still very prone to coming off. Nothing is made for a 128 without it being a 1/2" too long, I've looked everywhere there all for the 127. I've given up on them and order used parts IF available. Great service making difficult to find plates.

Jon

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I can make side plates if people want. no biggie. Glad to help.

I am not trying to make it sound trivial, but I have a "stomp shear" with a graduated backstop. so I can cut very accurate strips, then turn them 90 deg and set for length. I do 16ga steel on a regular basis, so it has the umph.

I have a bench punch that can do holes up to 1.25"dia (for the ones with a"bite:" out of them.

I have a 2"x36" professional grade vertical belt sander with a backstop for making the bevels.

It only takes me about 30 minutes to make a pair of "regular rectangular" slides.

I would make them a hair large so people could file them to a perfect fit. (unless I have the machine in question, then I can fit it)

I am making a replacement slide for a W&W8 this weekend. (the one with the bent down end that seems to be missing 1/2 the time) and I am making a pair of slides for Cathy(Mizkaki)