View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM
asimplelife

Default Paint Advice for Quilt Room

After about a month of weighing the pros & cons I've decided to move my quilting room down into our lower level - what used to be our DD's room and was going to become a dedicated guest room. We will leave the trundle bed in my current quilt room and my new one will be bed free and allow me to have a big design wall. I'm going to have a friend build a large cutting/storage table using the Ikea Expedit bookcases I've seen on this board. I'm so excited!!! And my DH is excited to not have my mess all over our large kitchen eat-in counter where I currently use my large mat.

It has 2 large windows facing south & west which I'm thrilled about as my eyes are getting older like the rest of me! My current room has only one window facing east and I use a lot of additional lights. I'll be stripping half height wallpaper next month to get the process started but wanted to get some input on paint color for the walls.

They are currently painted yellow (which is actually my favorite color). In the room I'm currently using the walls are a soft sage green - a color I love - but I feel it absorbs a lot of light and wouldn't consider it again. I don't want white as most of my sewing furniture is white.

I'm leaning toward keeping it yellow or maybe trying coral. I use so many cool colors in my decorating... but I want this room to be warm and energetic! The woodwork is light wood and the floor is a medium wood toned laminate.

What colors do you like in your quilting space? And why?